Below you will find a "fact sheet" about Loyola as well as answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Admissions. You are welcome to explore our website and the Student Handbook for additional information. Should you have any further questions, please contact our Admissions Office at 514-486-1101 ext. 216.
Did you know?...
- 150 students are admitted to Loyola in Secondary I.
- There are approximately 25 students per class (and 6 classes per level).
- Our faculty is made up of 59 dedicated professionals.
- About 15% of our students receive financial aid.
- There are 44 different clubs and activities, and 31 intramural and extramural sports teams.
- Our students give back to the local community each year with over 10,000 combined hours of Christian Service Program work.
- While Loyola is a Catholic school, it welcomes applicants of other faiths.
- 99% of our students go on to post-secondary education.
- The sense of community among our students, faculty and staff, alumni, current and former parents is second to none.
How will my child’s file be evaluated?
Criteria for admission to Loyola High School include:
- The successful completion of an Entrance Exam;
- Religious commitment as attested by the applicant's parish priest or pastoral "Faith First" animator;
- Satisfactory Elementary School reports;
- A Personal Interview;
- Letters of Recommendation from teachers & others (where possible)
- In an effort to keep families together, having a brother in the school is also considered, providing the sibling meets all the application criteria.
All of these components are reviewed and taken into account when accepting students at Loyola. All scoring, weighting, ranking etc. of these components are for Loyola's evaluation purposes only and are not given out to applicants or their parents. Letters of Recommendation are also considered CONFIDENTIAL.
When and how will we be informed of the Admissions Committee’s decision for Secondary I?
You will receive an email notification of the Admissions Committee's decision by the end of November.
You will receive one of the following emails:
- Waiting List
Results will not be given out over the phone.
PLEASE NOTE: Other schools sometimes send out their decisions earlier and parents are pressured to reply while waiting to hear from Loyola High School. Please understand that the Loyola Admissions Committee does not only look at exam results when making decisions. All aspects of the file are reviewed and this takes time. Loyola does try to have its answers ready as soon as possible, but not at the expense of thoroughly reviewing the applications and associated documents.
In November, if you are pressured to reply to another school and they are requesting more than the $200 enrollment fee, please call Loyola's Admissions Office to discuss at 514-486-1101 ext. 216.