- The admissions process takes place in the fall (September/October) when the student is in Grade 6.
- Please see IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES for the timing of events.
- The applicant MUST be Eligible for English School. Please note: If you need to apply for a certificate for your son or you have lost or misplaced your son's certificate, the Loyola Admissions Office will handle all the necessary paperwork provided your son is accepted to the school.
STEP 1: Please note that the Online Application Form for 2020-2021 will be available at the beginning of September.
STEP 2: Mail or drop off the following documents to Loyola High School no later than October 11, 2019:
- Applicant photo (wallet-sized preferred);
- $50 registration fee (cash or cheque payable to Loyola High School);
- Applicant’s Grade 5 June Report Card;
- Photocopies of applicant’s Birth Certificate and English Eligibility Certificate (originals are not needed at this time).
STEP 3: Once the first two steps have been completed and the documents received:
- The applicant is automatically registered for the Entrance Exam.
- You will be contacted to arrange an interview for your son. Please note:
- You will have various dates and times to choose from.
- All applicants are interviewed.
- The interview lasts about fifteen minutes and is with the applicant only.
STEP 4: Mail or drop off the following ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS no later than October 31, 2019. Please do not hold onto the documents listed in Step 2 while you wait for the documents listed below:
- IMPORTANT: Religious Participation Form – please download and print. This form MUST be completed and returned for all applicants. If you are unable to have page 2 of the form completed, please, at least, fill in page 1.
- Confidential Recommendation Form (English and French) – please download and print. One or both of these should be delivered to your son’s teacher or principal who should mail them directly to the Admissions Office at Loyola. PLEASE NOTE: We are aware that most public schools will not complete this form. We understand the situation and this will not be detrimental to your son’s file.
- Letters of Recommendation from friends, coaches, etc. may be submitted as well.
STEP 5: Once all students have written the exam and have been interviewed, the files will be reviewed. You will receive an email with the Admission Committee's decision by the end of November at the latest.