- Black History Month
- Black History Month trivia continues. The answer to yesterday's question: Who became the first person of colour to be nominated as a Vice Presidential candidate? A) Frederick Douglass. Here is today's question: In 2005, she was sworn in as Canada’s first woman of colour for Governor General. A) Harriet Tubman B) Mary Ann Shad C) Michaëlle Jean D) Adrienne Clarkson - Check tomorrow’s bulletin for the answer.
- Option Forms (Secondary 1 to 4)
- The deadline for students in Secondary 1 to 4 to complete their online option form selections is next Thursday, February 27th at 5 p.m.
- Science Fair Thursday
- Tomorrow is the annual Loyola Science Fair. The participants will be presenting their projects to students and special guest judges. Participants are reminded to dress their best and not to forget printed copies of their updated and edited written reports. Good luck to all participants.
- Championship Jackets
- Championship Jackets will only be arriving TOMORROW, Thursday, February 20th. You can pick up your jacket during Lunchtime from the gym office.
- Scrabble Club
- The Scrabble Club meets today in room 136 at 12:00 p.m. All are welcome!
- Peewee Scouts Hockey D1
- On Saturday morning, the Scouts traveled to Michel Normandin to play the Blues Juniors team from Espoo, Finland, in an exhibition game. The Scouts came away with a convincing win, but the highlight was the experience of sharing the ice and the game they love with players from abroad. For many, it was their first such experience. Yesterday, the Scouts hosted the Heritage Huskies at the Ed Meagher Arena. The Scouts played one of their best games of the season, outpacing, out-possessing, and out-shooting their opponent from start to finish. It was a statement game for the Scouts, as they beat second place Heritage 9-2. The Scouts look to keep this momentum rolling today as they host College Montreal at 3:45 p.m. Go Scouts!
- Intramural Hockey (IHL)
- Last IHL games this Saturday, February 22nd which means "The Chaos Cup." Please note the different game times: Group #1 - 11:00 a.m. followed by Group #2 - 12:30 p.m. GOALIES AND REFEREES NEEDED. See Mr. Santillo if you can help in these areas.
- Table Tennis
- Congratulations to the team of Charles Garofalo and Mr. Ketterling who yesterday won the first ever table tennis doubles tournament. The champions defeated the team of Oliver Henry and Charles Zitella 2-1 in the final of the Two Paddles Open. The next singles tournament will be this coming Friday. Players have until Thursday at midnight to sign up.
- Bantam Rugby
- There will be an information meeting tomorrow, Thursday, February 21st in room 153 for any Secondary 1 students interested in playing Bantam Rugby this year. If you have any questions please see Mr. Santillo.