Friday November 16th, 2018
- Ed Meagher Sports Tournament Parents' Reception
- Dear Parents of Loyola Winter Student/Athletes: Loyola’s winter sports scene is just getting underway and we are delighted that your son will be representing his high school on an interscholastic team. In the past, a number of our winter season teams have held parents meetings at the beginning of the season as well as a second meeting in early December regarding information about our annual Ed Meagher Sports Tournament. In recent years, we have combined these two meetings in order to avoid having parents come in twice. We have decided to follow this format again this year and we invite all of you to join us on Tuesday November 20th at 6:45 p.m. in the school Atrium. A letter will be sent home with your son regarding the details of the evening. We look forward to seeing you on the 20th.
- Wine and Cheese Fundraiser
- PARENTS: The 49th Annual Wine & Cheese Fundraiser is just around the corner on Sunday, December 2nd! The Mothers' Guild is still collecting donations. They welcome all kinds of gifts: wine and spirits, tickets to sporting events or concerts, sports memorabilia, gift certificates in any denomination for restaurants and spas, hairdressers, barbers, coffee shops, your favorite lunch spot! You can take the opportunity to drop your donation off at the Loyola Store next Thursday, November 22nd, 2018, during Parent-Teacher Interviews - the Mother’s Guild will be there to collect your donations. Items can also be dropped off at the high school any day leading up to the event. All proceeds benefit the Loyola Bursary Fund. Thank you for your support!
- FRONT ENTRANCE
- Now that the true winter weather is upon us, streets are wet and slushy. During this time students are asked to NOT use the front entrance when entering the school. Only enter by the locker room and gym entrances. Failure to respect this request, will result in a Procedural JUG
- GRAD PHOTOS
- Grad Photo proofs were distributed Wednesday. If you were absent and did not receive yours, please see Ms. Caristo before leaving school today. Orders must be placed by December 31st to avoid late fees. Grad Photo Retakes will be held on November 23rd. See Ms. Caristo to register.
- Dominican Cup
- The Dominican Cup is back for Secondary IV and V students! Check your emails or the sign-up sheets posted in the Campus Ministry Room and the pillars outside the Main Office for more details.
- Loyola Drama - Auditions
- Media Club
- The Media Club is meeting today after school and will be covering everything to do with audio recording! If you are interested, stop by the Media Centre. No prior experience necessary.
- Chess Club
- Sam Barrett, Leo Boudreau, Ben Blanshay and Michael Tomiuk were the big point winners in yesterday's round robin chess matches. All players who will have played in the league minimum of six matches by November 21st qualify to participate in the pre-Christmas knock-out tournament. There are two more round-robin days before the tournament gets underway on November 29th.
- Bake Sale
- 4D is hosting a Movember bake sale in the Cafeteria at Lunch today. Come by to purchase cookies, fudge and other delicious home baked goodies. Don't miss out on the sweet deals that will be on offer - see you at lunch!
- Sec 2 Pizza Lunch and Escape Room Game
- Today is your last chance to sign up for the pizza lunch and escape room game to be held Monday at lunch. The pizza sign up and payment has been sent to your Loyola email. Sign-up for the Escape Room is on the door of the Student Council office. Both sign-ups will close at the end of lunch TODAY.
- The team roster for the Wrestling Team has been posted on the Weight Room door. Thanks to all students who tried out for the team. The regular season schedule is posted in the Wrestling Room, and the first practice will take place on Monday. Go Warriors!
- Intramural Hockey (IHL)
- Any IHL players who need to borrow equipment can do so today after school. They are to meet Mr. Santillo at the Hockey Cage in the Gym Basement. The next opportunity to borrow hockey equipment will be on Tuesday, Nov. 20th after school.
- Pee Wee Division 1 Hockey
- The Scouts travel down the road to play LCC this afternoon. Please dismiss team members at 1:30 p.m.