Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Fr. Arturo Sosa Visit
- Fr. Arturo Sosa, the Superior General of the Jesuits, is visiting Canada this week and will be visiting the Campus Ministry Room after school tomorrow to meet the students. The Superior General position carries the nickname "Black Pope" in reference to the traditional black robes worn by members of the Jesuits and is in contrast to the white cassock worn by Pope Francis. This is his first official visit to Canada and we are extremely fortunate that he is taking the time to sit with us and answer questions. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so don't miss out! Seating in Campus Ministry for tomorrow after school will be done in a first-come, first-served basis. Priority seating for students please. So get here quickly if you want to attend.
- Supplies for Math Exams
- All Secondary IV and V students will be writing their End of Year Math Situational Problem Exam this coming Friday, May 25th. Students are reminded to have all necessary material to write their exam, (pencils, eraser, ruler, calculator) as borrowing will NOT be permitted during the exam. Students who arrive at school without their supplies may purchase necessary material from the Library prior to their exam. Please see Miss Landry or Miss Menzies for more information.
- Instrument returns
- All musicians who borrowed school instruments are asked to return them by Friday at 3:00 p.m, unless it is still needed for testing. Failure to do so will result in an Office Jug.
- Tournament Darts
- Congratulations to Mr. Plimer who defeated Anthony Marcucci 2-0 last Friday in the final of the St. George Tour Championship. The final event of the season, the Robin Hood Open, got underway yesterday. More club information is available at news.loyola.ca/LTDC
- The Library
- There are two winners to announce for the "WHO'S THAT FACE" competition. Friday's winner is Stephen Wight (3C) who knew that Mr. O'Brien was Allen Turing and not John McCarthy and yesterday's winner Julius D'Amico (5F) who did not confuse Malcolm X with Martin Luther King! Congratulations and remember to collect your prizes in the Library. On a sadder note, Dr. Newton seems to have run into a loosing streak which all started when he did not recognize a fellow science department member, Mr. Hannan, as astronaut Mark Garneau on Friday. He also missed Mr. Houston as Chief Dan George yesterday. Could this signal the end of Dr. Newton's dominance of staff competitors? Today's Faces are all about art. Good luck all.
- Friday Night Bites
- All "Friday Night Bites" shareholders are invited to come to Room 135 today at Lunch to receive their dividends payment.
- Madame Pelchat extra help
- Spécialement ce soir l'aide en Français sera à partir de 15:30 heures au local 254 jusqu'à 17:15 heures. Merci de votre compréhension.
- Stratford Trip
- Thank you to all of the students who applied to the Stratford Trip for September 2018. The list of students chosen for the trip is posted on the Pillar outside the Main Office. Students have also been emailed the link for payment. The deadline has been extended to Tuesday, May 29th. If you have decided that you can not attend the trip, please notify Ms. Adams as soon as possible so another student can have your spot.
- Summer Latin and Ancient Greek
- Bilingual courses in Latin and Ancient Greek will be offered to Loyola students as well as family and friends here at Loyola during the morning from July 3-20. Information sheets are available on the Library counter.
- ULTIMATE RESULTS: Limelight 13 - Pink Peril 3. Warriors of the Game: Matthew Veiga-Bellini and Ben Farrow. Green Monster 8 Gold Rush 7. Warriors of the Game: Nicholas Khawam and Jason Neeson. Limelight 14 Green Monster 5. Warriors of the Game: Michael Adkins and Gregory Wight. Stone Cold 9 Pink Peril 8. Warriors of the Game: Carlo Ramadori and Xavier Flood. Playoffs start Thursday with PINK PERIL vs GREEN MONSTER in the WILDCARD GAME followed by LIMELIGHT vs WILDCARD WINNER and STONE COLD vs GOLD RUSH. Secondary 5 Ultimate players are asked to sign up at the Intramural Pillar for the Teacher vs Student game on Tuesday, May 29 right after the Ultimate Finals.