- The admissions process takes place in the fall (September/October) when the student is in Grade 6.
- Please see IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES for the timing of events.
- The applicant MUST be Eligible for English School. Please note: If you need to apply for a certificate for your son or you have lost or misplaced your son's certificate, the Loyola Admissions Office will handle all the necessary paperwork provided your son is accepted to the school.
STEP 1: Please click here to pay the application fee of $50.
STEP 2: Please complete the Online Application Form (works best in the following browsers: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). PLEASE NOTE: INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT BE USED.
STEP 3: Preferably by paper, parents mail in or drop off the following documents for their son by Friday, October 8 at the latest (as early as possible is preferable). If emailing these documents, please scan and send as PDFs (except for the applicant photo).
- Applicant photo;
- Applicant’s Grade 4 and Grade 5 June Report Cards;
- A copy of any IEP or assessment associated with the applicant's file (these are kept in the strictest of confidence and are reviewed with our Guidance Office);
- If you are only completing the front portion of the Jesuit Education Interest Form (please see below), it should be sent in at this time;
- Copies of the applicant’s Birth Certificate and English Eligibility Certificate (originals are not needed at this time).
STEP 4: Starting in mid-September and continuing into October:
- You will be contacted to arrange a virtual interview for your son.
- All applicants are interviewed.
- The interview lasts about 20 minutes and parent(s) can be present online with their son. Most of the questions will be directed to the applicant, with a brief conversation with parent(s) near the end of the interview.
STEP 5: The following ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS should be dropped off or emailed to Loyola, no later than October 29, 2021.
Please do not hold onto the documents listed in Step 3 while you wait for the documents listed below:
- IMPORTANT: Jesuit Education Interest Form – please download, print, complete, and return.
- Page 1 of this form MUST be completed and returned for all applicants.
- Page 2 (when being completed) can be mailed or emailed directly from the PRIEST, MINISTER, PASTORAL ANIMATOR, FAITH FIRST CO-ORDINATOR, or CATECHIST
STEP 6: Once all students have been interviewed, the files will be reviewed. You will receive an email with the Admission Committee's decision by Sunday, November 21st at the latest. To understand how your son's file will be evaluated, please click here.